Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

For SmartSDR - how about direct access to radio commands ?

Paul, WB5AGF
Paul, WB5AGF Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Would it be possible to insert a 'bypass' to the SmartSDR command icons/entities and provide what would essentially be the equivalent to a 'command line interface' in the Windows or MacOSX computer environments ?

( here is what got me to thinking about this )

I'm only a bit over 4 miles from KRLD's (50 kW AM on 1080 kHz) transmitting towers and I use the station as a guinea pig and ' punch buttons ' on the SmartSDR screen and see what I can then do.

It puzzles me why am I not allowed to slide the upper and lower filter skirts across the signal ?

It puzzles me why each ' Mode ' shown on the SmartSDR screen has filter bandwidths associated with them that jump around as the modes are cycled through when I might want to set a particular bandwidth and have it left there until I decide otherwise ?

Are there differences between the digU and digL Modes as compared to USB & LSB other than the immediately selectable bandwidths ? Why not simply work from the standpoint of a baseband signal which the operator can then set the lower & upper frequency limits and offset into the RF spectrum as desired ?

Why does the ' SAM ' Mode attenuate the low audio frequencies compared to straight ' AM ' ?

Is the current implementation of the LSB CW command (stuck 'up-front') a temporary fix until it can be slipped in with the other Mode settings ?

Is there a way to directly force the lower & upper panoramic display limits ? It seems terribly sloppy to have to play with 'dragging' with a computer mouse.

Comments ? ( brickbats ? )

- Paul, WB5AGF

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Paul,

The DIGU & DIGL modes bypass all compression & equalization so that the digital mode signals will not be altered.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Paul, WB5AGF
    Paul, WB5AGF Member
    edited September 2014
    Ray;

Thanks much - I appreciate the information (and the quick response).

Regards;

Paul, WB5AGF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.