Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX and internal keyer, same speed...

W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
I usually use CWX to call 'cq dx', or send something else that is repetitious and boring.  And if i get lucky, switch to the paddles for a qso.  It's somewhat of a nuisance to have to set 2 different speeds, to me.  Also, would be handy if that speed setting could get piped out to the flex control...I find it rather tedious carefully sliding the speed bar with a mouse...

73, w5xz, dan

1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Dan,
    I can see your point but here is a use case for leaving them independent.

Occasionally I'll set the memory keyer speed to 30+ WPM to answer a contester or DXer that is running fast.  If he asks for a repeat,  I'll jump to the paddle to send it at about 20 WPM.   

So maybe linking the CWX speed and keyer speed together could be an option if they decide to do it.  That way you get the best of both.

Anyone else see any value in this?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I think mapping the paddle speed out to the Flex Control would be the ideal way to go....at least that would more closely match the way I've been using my Logikey K-5 external keyer as I frequently do something like Al describes.

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    maybe so, Al...OTOH, you could just grab a flex control and spin it down too, huh?
     then, spin it right back up to 30, when you're done...then, no need for 2 speeds?

can you port cw speed out the flex control with DDutil?

w5xz
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dan,
    You can program on of the AUX buttons on the FlexControl to set a specific speed from DDUtil.  I don't think you can make the control knob adjust the speed though.  That would be a neat feature for FRS to implement.  

There are some things where using the knob seems more efficient than clicking on an arrow or dragging a slider.    I have 2 FlexControl knobs now and use one for tuning and one for a volume control.  I would add another knob if I could (i.e. if FRS supported more than 1 knob).   AGC adjustment is one of those things where a knob is a good interface tool.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com. 

• Bill - K4GDR
    Bill - K4GDR Member
    edited September 2014
    I would like to see an option to allow CWX to match the speed of the keyer. I always try to adjust my speed to that of the other station.   After initially making contact with another station, I use CWX to send info like QTH, name, etc.  While CWX is sending that info, I enter the other station's info into my logging program.  However, needing to adjust the speed of the keyer and CWX is a bit cumbersome.  An option for CWX to match whatever speed the keyer is set to would give the most flexibility without imposing anything on anyone's operating style.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.