Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6K and WSJT-x working VERY well

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
Setting up the 6K for wsjt-x takes some effort but worth it.
I've been a 3 mode DXer for many years.
I've really enjoyed the Flex5K and it has performed very well for me. Working cw, ssb, rtty, and now digital modes.
Now I'm playing with the 6K.
Early this am, I worked a JA and DS station I could NOT HEAR in the speakers and just barely see the trace in the waterfall. Have to stay alert as the signals can  pop up in the display and catch you by surprise.
Like it did this morning.
Using WSJT-x, the software automatically switched to JT9 mode for the JA which was in the JT9 portion of 20, and then switched back to JT65 for the Korean station lower in 20.
I could not hear audibly either station as they were quite weak here in my inner city (read: small antennas) location. I could just barely detect a signal in the waterfall.

Great combo Flex and WSJT-x. If you haven't given it a try yet....you may get hooked as I have.

Note to the SSDR coder writers. Not hearing your signal being transmitted when using the 6K for WSJT is disconcerting. You have to check the wattmeter to make sure your getting out. LOL

Patiently, (but anxiously) awaiting CWX in the next version.

Comments

• Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited December 2016

I have enabled show transmission in waterfall. Setup/Transmit bottom of the window.

Seems to work for me.

Phill

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I agree, Bill....SSDR & WSJT-x play together nicely...have yet to work anyone outside NA on top band, but at least i'm ready....73, w5xz, dan

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I only have a random length of wire to a tree in front of my house. Have most of the states using it...but cw.
    I have maybe 60 countries...all the easy ones.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I see the oversized transmit display. Just never sure that the display equals a signal going out...I have to look at the wattmeter to make sure. LOL
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree it is reassuring to hear a tone. I have been known to send JT9 instead of JT65, and sometimes we just have the set up wrong and send the tones to the wrong device. When sitting outside with the laptop the power meter scale is unreadable to my eyes. That dark red should be bright yellow for me. Also with 100 watts FSD 5 or 10 watts is barely visible . A 25 watt FSD would be nice. It could auto-select with the power setting slider. Bob G3WKW
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I have the combo mode selected. JT65 & JT9, many times I never even noticed that it was high in the band and actually was a JT9 station I replied to...until I hear the monotone like signal.
    Many of those signals are so weak you don't hear them, just see the signal deflection onscreen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.