Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot key TX via DAX VOX unless "Tune" is clicked once - can duplicate

Jason Whiteaker
Jason Whiteaker Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just an FYI to software dev...

I've not seen reference to this apparent bug in the Community, but perhaps it's buried in a thread somewhere.

Running a 6300 with SmartSDR v1.2.1.49, radio hardware v1.2.1.25. I run JT65 on slice B while listening to another section of the same band on slice A. After powering up the radio and starting SmartSDR, if I click Tune in the JT65 app, the transmitter will not key. I hear the audio tone through the monitored DAX channel. If I click "Tune" ON THE RADIO GUI, the TX will key normally. If I then go back and click Tune in the JT65 app, the transmitter will now key. Proper keying of the TX from the JT65 app will work until the radio is powered down. Restarting SmartSDR has no effect; the problem seems to only manifest after a power-on reset of the radio itself.

Bottom line - for JT65 operation, you have to remember to key the TX via the radio's GUI Tune button first, then you can use the JT65 app normally.

Hopefully this and the other little bugs will simply be resolved in the next code release. :-)

-Jason, NK9B 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.