Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

long given up on virtual ports

John
John Member ✭✭
edited December 2016 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have long since given up on using my flex1500 on virtual ports, and only use it as a stand alone operation. Hopefully, one day flex will come out with a com port add on plug and pray adapter for those of us who lack the ability to assimilate the information on how to get it working. Remote control of the 1500 would be nice as well at some stage.

Comments

• N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited July 2014

Hi John,

I'm curious to know what you mean by "remote control" of the Flex-1500? I run all my rigs from any of my computers in the lab (shack) here, using custom code that I write. But currently I do not pipe any audio across the Wifi or Ethernet connections, just command and control.

Right now I use the Flex-1500 as a pan display / RX and have it coordinated with my IC-7600 which serves as a secondary RX and the main 100W TX. Either one becomes master / **** automatically, depending on which one is being tuned. I can command either of these from any computer in the lab (shack) here, over WiFi network. I also command Agilent signal generators for my FMT work.

Concurrent with this command / control I also run FLDigi, CWSkimmer, WSJT-X / WSPR.

[Disclosure: I used to write the systems to control pointing / tracking of the world's largest telescopes. So this radio control code is similar and just as easy to do. The interposer code is written in Lisp and occupies around 100 or fewer lines of code -- a couple hours from one afternoon. Along the way, it intercepts the buggy requests from these programs and reframes them before forwarding to produce the intended effects.]

73 de Dave, N7AIG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.