Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

APF using RIT for precise centering.

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
The Audio Peaking Filter seems to work pretty well, however, the problem is centering it on the desired signal. Here is how I try to do that now: I use the RIT to try to center the peak, but the RIT is set too course (25 hz) for precise centering.

For APF  peak centering, we need the RIT (as tuned by the Flex Control Knob) to be at least 5 hz, and preferably down to 1 hz resolution. It would be beneficial if when APF is selected, that RIT also be selected, and set for 1 or 5 hz resolution, and when APF is deselected, RIT would also be deselected automatically. In other instances when APF is not engaged, RIT would function as it normally does now.

Of course as an alternative, a separate control could also be  made available for adjusting the peak frequency, as is done by the Elecraft K3. If this route is taken, the control should be by the Flex Control Knob, and not by a mouse controlled slider.

Comments

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have absolutely zero use for RIT being automatically selected when I turn on APF.  My CW step size is already 5hz.  I generally make large freq excursions by clicking the waterfall.  What I would like to see is a speed step that monitors rate of knob rotation and increases step size when rapid QSY is detected.  

73  W9OY
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    We all have different needs. I simply stated mine
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    exactly and I stated mine

73  W9OY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would be an interesting and welcome option for those who would use it in that manner.  My own style is simply to use the main tuning dial set to 5 or 1 Hz and fine tune the signal.  But as you said... to each their own.  If there are enough people who would use RIT the way you described, by all means put it on the schedule of additional enhancements.  (It may take a while, though!)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Additional thought... Regardless of how the "auto RIT off" issue pans out, I DO support the ability to change the step size of RIT/XIT (with settings persistent with mode) and I suggest that this should be put on the fast list, along with auto sense of QSY speed on main tuning and RIT/XIT.  This would add a lot of utility to everyone regardless of the manner we use RIT/XIT.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.