Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW on SSB modes

2»

Comments

• Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Good Morning Jim,

CW practice is held most every day on 3970.  All speeds, beginners to advanced.  It may be 5 letter/number groups, it may be all call signs, DX and domestic.  We may ask trivia questions and look for correct answers. Send short paragraphs that ask questions, have the participants do the same.  The back up for all this is the ability to discuss the proceedings on ssb.  It works well and seems to be a lot of fun.  In addition to the active participants there are more in the wing walls listening. Usually less than one hour per session

At first there was a loud cry of displeasure from some for using the SSB portion of the band for CW practice, but that has long since diminished. The practice has brought along quite a few to well over 30 WPM and some have even taken control duties on some of the CW nets up here.

Hope this answers your questions

Ken Rau K7YR   

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Thanks, Ken.     One more question:   What time do you get on?         73, Jim
  • Casey
    Casey Member
    edited May 2017
    This was requested 3 year ago, where are we at with this today? Any chance of seeing this before V2.0?

All that was asked for was something that is standard on many other radios! I have it on my TS-590S and on my new FT-991A but not on my most $$$ rig - Flex 6500.  :-(

Ken - VE5KC
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited May 2017
    It is marked as under consideration so any new post are not even easily seen.  That feature is right up there on the top of my want list with dax and vox working together.  I doubt if we will ever see frs implement.  Maybe in v3. or v4.  but by  then you will also need new hardware..

roger
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This request is getting old. Are we any closer to the top of the list? All we are asking for is a feature that is standard in radios like the TS-590 FTD-3000 & FT-991A... etc. And.. Yes I know it can be done using 2 slices but awkward & not readily available to use.. 73.. Ken - VE5KC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.