Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX issues

Burch Akin
Burch Akin Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just recently received my new Flex-6300.  I am having two issues with DAX

1)  I can receive on DAX audio stream 1 but I can not transmit (I could initially).  If I choose DAX audio stream 2 on both transmit and receive, things work fine.  This is when using DM780 for digital modes.  

2)  Even though I have the 6300, it appears that I have 8 DAX receive and 8 DAX transmit streams even though I can only select 1 or 2.  When I try and setup MultiPSK it will only display 16 soundcards and of course I see DAX 3-8 transmit and receive streams but not 1 or 2.  Is there a way I can delete 3-8 since I can't use them anyway?  I really like MultiPSK but I can't select 1 or two. 

Not sure why I can't transmit on DAX stream 1 anymore.  If I open the DAX control panel I can see the red line like it's transmitting and my radio goes into transmit mode but no power/modulation out of the radio.  As soon as I change DM780 to DAX stream 2 for both transmit and receive everything works fine.  This started after I installed SDR-Bridge so maybe I should try uninstalling? 

Comments

• Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    After rebooting several times and powering on and off the radio I finally got DAX stream 1 to work on transmit.  Weird....   Still have the problem with too many sound devices showing up in MultiPSK.  I deleted my VAC audio cables and now I can see DAX cables 2 but not 1 in Multipsk.  I need to add the VAC cables back because I still use my 5000 for VHF/UHF.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You can go into the sound cards under playback and recording devices and disable anything about 2.  They will not show up as sound cards you can choose in your software... At least that is how they work here using MMTTY.  I had the same problem as you with the software not showing all the sound devices such as 1 and 2.   73s Jim K4JAF
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Jim

Thank you!  That fixed my MultiPSK issue.  Deleted all but DAX 1 and 2 and now they show up.

Burch
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Glad to help, I had the same problem with MMTTY.  73s Jim K4JAF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.