Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 - Interface my KEY's ( not keyer) to back panel?

W4TMW
W4TMW Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
It seems as though my thread was closed to replies......so here is my additional reply.

I think maybe my question wasn't stated correctly. I should have asked; Is there a way to run  KEY's (Brown Bros iambic)...or straight KEY (not a keyer), from the 6300's rear panel?

An iambic requires 3 connections (wires) and the straight key needs only 2.

Sorry for the confusion.
  Tom

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Straight key yes, Keyer output yes.  Iambic paddles NO ( front only )

AL, K0VM
  • Scott AC8DE
    Scott AC8DE Member
    edited October 2017
    Any ol' el-cheapo keyer will solve the problem for the iambic key in the back.
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Al, that's more like the answer I expected. ;0) Drat !!

Tom
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Scott,

Thanks for the advise but that's just what I don't want to do....more 'stuff' hanging off the rig. However, I might consider relocating the 'Key' receptacle to the back panel, but haven't opened 'er up yet to look around and suspect if I do relocate, then ferrites will be in order. Obviously, if I elect to relocate, I will not leave a gaping hole in the front panel of my nice '6300.

Thanks again and 73,
    Tom  
  • Scott AC8DE
    Scott AC8DE Member
    edited June 2014
    Just leave the two inputs in parallel!
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Scott,

Thanks for the reply,  I thought about that after I responded....better idea ;0)

Tom

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Tom,

Be sure that any modifications that you may make do not invalidate the warranty. If it were me, I would check with Flex first.

Ed, K0KC
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Ed,
    Thanks for the advise.....I do plan to discuss with FRS before doing anything.
    tom
    W4TMW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.