Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are some characters disallowed in command responses?

Options
Steve Conklin
Steve Conklin Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
Is there a guarantee that some characters (I'm specifically asking about '|', but the double quote  would also be a problem) are not allowed in fields which may be returned from the radio? The affects the parsing or responses.

For example, if it were possible to give the radio the name "|George|", then the response to an "info" command would include these characters.

If a command was issued with debug requested, that adds an extra delimiter.

If there's a guarantee that delimiters aren't included, parsing becomes much easier.

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have to say we've not been terribly careful about this like we would with a web application.  For your part, I would assume that no delimiters will be included in any text -- in other words if you see a delimiter character, it is a delimiter. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.