Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

patch antenna mounting

Don WB3FTQ
Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
which side of the GPS patch antenna faces the window? mine says "Pulse" on one side and nothing on the other. i remember reading it somewhere but i forget what it said.

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Don,  It doesn't matter but here is more information you may find helpful..

http://www.endruntechnologies.com/pdf/5050-0016-000.pdf

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    thanks Larry. i just hung it between the window and the venetian blind here in the shack. it is a south-facing window and right now i am seeing 12 out of 14 satellites so i guess i will stick it to the window for a more permanent installation. i am having a ball with the 6500; i sold my 5K to help pay for it. 73
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Excellent Don,,,  glad things are coming together...  You wont have the 6500  much longer before more features/fixes for SmartSDR are released for you to try.  If you haven't done a version update , you will find that is not difficult either.  Good luck, enjoy.
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    lookiing forward to the new version...it was always fun when they released new versions of PowerSDR, 73
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    From the current hardware reference manual, page 37:
    "The included low profile GPS antenna may be marked with the word “PULSE”. This is actually the BOTTOM of the antenna and should be placed down and away from the sky."

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    that's where i read that...thanks Bob. there is so much more to learn with the 6500 as compared to the 5K but i have it up and running on JT65 as well as voice. have a great weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.