Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT65 snap crackle pop in 6300 TX audio

John
John Member
edited October 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
X

When I transmit using JT65 from the 6300 there is a snap, crackle,  pop and slight stutter in the audio while I monitor the audio with another receiver (please add another vote for adding Digi monitor to the SW, I really, really miss it).   I can also see the anomalies on the trace in the WF as little horizontal lines.

All of my TX audio levels seem to be set correctly in DAX etc. and I’ve tried even lowering the  audio levels to the point of no signal at all.  It does not seem to be RF related 5w to 50w) or band specific.  I’ve tried using USB and DIGU with no change. My PC is i5 based with plenty of RAM and CPU remaining. There are no similar issues using other radios with my SignaLink.

Thoughts, opinions, solutions and/or similar experiences?

Thanks, John NA6L

Answers

• Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Hi John,
    have you possibly used a latency monitor like this modern one for Windows7/8
    http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
    It will help you diagnose a poorly performing network stack in your O/S or some other (video) driver that may be out of date?.  Latency was a very well discussed and well known problem several years ago. I wonder if perhaps you have something similar going on with JT65?  Often we would see plenty of CPU apparently available, but the Windows O/S Scheduler would prevent those cycles from being used effectively. 
    GL de Ken N9VV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.