Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 1500 - usb3

Options
John
John Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in New Ideas
I found that switching to a USB3 port, or add-on card, the waterfall display is  visually much improved.
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have found that in my Windows machine I must use a high speed port for my F1.5K or my CW keying has latency issues. I don't use the waterfall. It appears to me that that the design of some Windows systems is such that using a high speed port is a requirement for the F1.5K. Not quite sure of the technical issues causing this.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I used to use usb2 port but then discovered that my webcam security system gave better night time video quality on 15m cable runs, so wondered if it would do anything on the flex tvcr. I am running win7 64 bit but only used the flex on ssb, although I have plans to use it as in IF on 23cm,3cm and 4m via a 28/144 transverter.
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Most USB controller chips set their speed at the speed of the lowest speed device that is connected the controller chip.  On the PC where I use my FLEX-1500 I connect the 1500 to a USB 3.0 controller chip and I connect the keyboard, mouse, FlexControl Knob (USB 1.1) to the USB 2.0 controller chip.  That way my FLEX-1500 runs at full speed (USB 2.0) and it is not slowed down by the other slower devices.  That explains why an add-in USB 3.0 adapter yields improved performance.  Be sure not to plug any slow devices into your new USB 3.0 adapter.

Reg

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I noticed my computer has two different types of external usb ports. Each set with their own symbols. One must be the lower usb and the other perhaps usb3. Must check the manual. I have a spare port on the usb3 card I put in and run the webcams from there

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.