Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VSWR?

TAC
TAC Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Couple questions on VSWR.

1) Unlike my Elecraft K2 it looks like if I switch between bands with my FLEX-6300 w/ATU I have to re-tune.

2) Is there a way to see what the actual VSWR is after I tune?

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    1)  This is (likely) a future feature to retain ATU settings on band shift or to have automatic tuning like PowerSDR.   I would need Tim to confirm it is in the feature list, but I'm pretty sure it is.

2)  If the "BYP" button is lit,  clicking the tune button will show you the native VSWR of the attached load.   If you click ATU and it is successful,  click tune again to show the adjusted VSWR after tuning is applied.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    #1 - Yes, an automatic mode of operation for the ATU with LC "memories" is planned for the future.  I even discussed this with Gerald at Dayton earlier this month.  There isn't an ETA for it as of yet.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am really looking forward to this function. When doing multiple bands, e.g. Rag chewing with friends on 10 meters while hunting DX on 20, I must retune every time I swap slices. Big time waster. ATU memory with band and antenna persistence that follows the TX selection will be a great help!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    How about giving us back digital readouts of SWR like in PowerSDR rather than those useless almost invisible red bars that are almost impossible to gauge what is going on.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Howard, 
    Here is a link to the idea to improve the SWR visual.   Maybe we can get some more votes to move it up the list....

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea_to_improve_the_swr_and_power_scale_readability

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

I think you liked the top version better....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.