Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wow ! Successful remote operation of my 6700 !

Jim WA9ABB
Jim WA9ABB Member
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Purchased a NETGEAR universal WiFi internet adapter ( WNCE2001).  Installation was easy.  My 6700 is now accessible on my local WiFi network.  Installed Smart SDR and Smart CAT on my laptop and  I am no longer confined to the basement (dungeon) when operating my 6700 on digital modes.  Made my first JT65 QSO this morning.  I am not particularly interested in remote internet operation. Just wanted to be able to operate from the comfort of my living room or den. My main interest is in the digital modes.  Maybe someday will consider remote SSB operations as well.

It just keeps getting better and better.  I came into this with eyes wide open.  I knew that it would be a continuing evolution and improvement.  It has been exciting to be in on the ground floor of such an amazing SDR transceiver.  

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Been using DAX and SSB ever since DAX was introduced. I even stream audio over the Internet using the NCH software Broadwave. Also interface Romac 10-band equalizer with DAX and it sounds wonderful on SSB. Not sure why DAX is considered digital only.

Jim, K6Q#E

• L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

It would be even  nicer if we could operate our radio's over the WAN as was advertised!

Lloyd

VE3ERQ

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes, Flex seems to be involved with the éclat of visual displays rather than to concentrate on the core usage of the wonderful potential of this radio.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Lloyd, It has always been "advertised" as a future ability. You knew that when you bought it.
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

"Lloyd, It has always been "advertised" as a future ability. You knew that when you bought it."

But having to wait 3+ years, if the current road map holds!!!  Is that reasonable??

This is an existential mode for those of us that live in antenna prohibited areas. That is why I bought this radio!!

Also one must remember this was promoted as one of the key features of the radio thus one would expect that one wouldn't have to wait 3-4 or so years. 

Lloyd

VE3ERQ

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If Flex were to rush and release remote software which left your radio unsecured while connected to the internet and some one hacked into it(damaging and/oror illicitly transmitting from your station), the same folks complaining about time frames would be banging on FRS for not producing strong, secure, great performing software. Good software takes time. There is an axiom in the software business We can build your software: 1. Inexpensively 2. With high Quality 3. Quickly Pick any 2. You can't have all three!
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You must be missing the logic gene!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.