Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of Network Connection

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
Why does the radio loose LAN connectivity after being on for more than 24 hours. This does not happen on a regular basis. I've been trying to pin this down but so far it has alluded me.

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Bob,
    I do not see it, I wonder if there is some event on your PC that is causing this (like going to sleep/hibernate)?
    Try connecting to DXSummit or whatever dxcluster that has a web interface and leave it on, see if it breaks.
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Bob:

In addition to Neal's suggestions, which are very good, check to see if there are any power saving options for your LAN adapter.  Some LAN adapters have a power setting options and some do not.  If yours does then change it to stay awake.

Reg

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would like to thank Neal & Reg for turning a few lites on in this 72 year old brain. In any case the problem was a power saving feature of the network system. I have turned it off and we'll see what happens. I'm sure that's the culprit. If not I will let you know. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.