Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

APF Button stops working...Kills all signals when activated.

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When switching from band to band and mode to mode with one pan and 2 slices, I have had several occasions when the APF button stopped working, and actually killed all audio and all S-Meter readings on the slice flag.  Curious...

Close SSDR and reopen it and it works again.

I don't know if this is related to the previously reported AGC Sticking problem?

Ken - NM9P

Equipment:  6500, SSDR v. 1.1.3.42, WIN 8.1/i3/6 GB RAM / Direct connect of rig to computer.

Comments

• Bill - K4GDR
    Bill - K4GDR Member
    edited June 2014
    I had this occur today.  Activated APF and audio went dead.  Did you learn the cause of this behavior?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had it happen several times, but haven't been able to correlate any sequences that cause it. I am usually changing rapidly between frequencies using CAT via my logging program.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    I will need some additional information related to how to cause this issue, as I can not reproduce it and it is difficult to investigate defects that we cannot reproduce. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I Will be away from the rig for a couple weeks. I Will run more tests when I return.

It seems to have happened when switching rapidly between CW, digi, and SSB when using narrow filters of 50 or 100 on CW and doing my typical DX/w1aw/p hunting on all modes

I notice that when this happens, the NB, NR & APF sliders all go to zero. When I click APF, all audio dies. I am directly connected to the desktop, no router, internet via wifi, running win 8.1 with an Intel i3 and 6 Gb RAM. Running latest SSDR release 1.2...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    OK.  This sounds like an overflow issue with the APF filter.  I have entered this as a defect in the developer's bug tracker for additional investigation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.