Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Big Time Scare this afternoon

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited October 2016 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Wow, I was in the middle of making a PSK contact, low power, maybe 30 watts.
When the F5K just quit. Cycled power switch, PSDR came back but no signal, in or out.
Really got worried but after a complete 2nd power down and computer reset, all seems well again in the W9OL shack.
First thought would be RFI. But I do not normally have RFI problems on any band when barefoot or lower. In fact can't remember any ever.
But maybe that albatross that hangs around me landed on the yagi and detuned it enough to cause the shut down.
I realize PSK is power for full minute, but as I said, never had this happen at just 30 watts.
But all seems well in W9OL shack now....keeping fingers crossed

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.