Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Buttons not working

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I and several others have experienced some of the buttons not working properly, such as vox and tune. You can go to setup it works and that he buttons will start to. Work after that. I am running latest software,win 7 64 bit, amd 6 core 12 gig memory and r7 260x graphics card.

Comments

• Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree.  I've had several instances where I could not get the VOX to work, especially when using DAX   I've had a special sequence that I've followed in order to get it to respond.  I've sometimes been able to get it to respond after tapping the MOX button, when that doesn't work, I've had to bring up DAX and toggle the TX/RX buttons, other times I've had to restart DAX and at other times I've had to restart SmartSDR and in a few rare cases I've even had to restart the Flex 6700 in order to get it to respond properly.   I'm not sure what the exact problem is but the solution seems to be pretty ambiguous. 

I realize SmartSDR is a work in progress and I am very pleased with way it is working at this point.  I'm only bringing up the above problems to help aid programmers in possibly mitigating the issues.

Norm - KL7RS
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Norm,

Thanks for the report, but what actually helps more than anything is a sequence of events or a procedure that will reproducibly re-create the problem.  If we have that info, we can fix it very quickly.  Otherwise it is very difficult to isolate the portions of the code that might be responsible which is truly like looking for a needle in a haystack. 
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    I can't seem to reproduce it every time, but most of the time when I switch bands I run into problems.  I use DAX Channel 1 exclusively for my wireless headset.   Lets say I have a single Pan Adapter setup and it's on 20 meters and all is working well.  Then I decide to switch over to 40 meters.  Up comes 40 meters and the slices I had last used are displayed (most of the time anyway).  I check the active slice and it is set for DAX channel 1.  Audio is coming into my headset, DAX Channel 1 shows both TX/RX active, the P/CW window still has DAX selected, the PHNE windows still has VOX selected, I talk into the MIC and nothing happens.

Most of the time I can recover by toggling the MOX button, sometimes I have to go through the ritual described in my previous post.  If I'm bouncing around the bands a lot, this can occur several times a day.

It appears that VOX is no longer listening to the DAX channel.

Norm - KL7RS
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Every once in awhile the vox button will be greyed out when switching from another band on cw to 75 meters ssb. I have to exit ssdr and reboot it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered a defect report about the VOX button in our bug tracker for further investigation.  Thanks for the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.