Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled error (smartsdr lockup)

Options
rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi, SmartSDR (v1.1) just locked up an I got an unhandled error about insufficient memory, but I had plenty of free ram.  This wasn't very long after resetting the persistence database and a fresh reboot of everything.  Here's a screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/xbfvDk7ToR

Comments

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options

It's a WPF error, and I have had this with Citrix Clients in the past - it turns out it was a driver issue on 3 desktops.   They were ALL running dual Monitors with the Intel HD 4000 drivers.   Updated the drivers and the issue never reared its head again.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ah, good to know.  Can't remember if I had my external monitor connected at the time or not.  Thanks for the info!
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

I just checked the ticket on that issue, and it seems that it only occurred when they launched the client on one screen and then dragged it to the other.   May not be relevant, but worth a try to see if you can replicate.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have this same exact error that just came up. Can someone please tell me how to resolve it? Thanks and 73's, Joe WD5Y
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Perhaps updating SSDR from 1.1 to 1.4.16 would help. Much has changed.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry, I should've posted that I am running the latest version with windows 7 and 6500. Typing is slow due to shoulder surgery so try to take shortcuts hi hi. I had just tried to use flex after about a month layoff due to surgery and this exact error cropped up after I searched errors before posting question. Not sure but thought maybe driver problem and tried a rollback on driver but still have problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You should take a screen shot of the error detail and open a HelpDesk ticket.  Without the detail, there is no way to determine why you are getting the OOM errors.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I tried but everything locked up and could not will try again tonight. I just saw the screenshot above and I believe my error is the exact same so thought I would see what was the resolve. Thanks, Joe WD5Y
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Here troubleshooting a different Windows error that was locking a machine, I was humbled when as I complained that I couldn't even grab a screen-shot, one of the young team members whipped out their Smartphone, shot a picture and emailed it before I was even done complaining!

Might work for you if you have a way to shoot a snap.  Just don't tell my team here, as they got me once already over my locking up when the machine locked up...

Steve K9ZW 

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good point Thanks, Joe WD5Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.