Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

getting a dax stream to reliably xmit is frustrating

NM1W
NM1W Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've had this issue all thru the 1.1 release; I use jt65/jt9 in split mode; I set audio stream 1 for rcv and start each day trying audio stream 2 thru 8 to see which one wants to xmit when I press the tune button in jt65. I always get the ptt to put the radio into xmit mode, but I dont always see power out my external antenna tuner.

Sometimes I'll see that the audio stream is set to xmit but shows nothing on the dax tx meter; Sometimes it shows that there is audio on the meter but still no power out shows on my antenna tuner meter.

I can almost always find a dax channel to xmit on, its just frustrating to find what combo is gonna work this morning.. worse than whack a mole...

I do verify that the dax control panel has the stream selected and set for xmit; that in power sdr the dax button is highlighted, that the rcv slices are the correct mode and size, and that jt65 is configured correctly...

I've yet to find a reliable combination of rig reboots, smart sdr restarts, and pc reboots to fix this..

I'm running win7x64, 16GB ram, i7;

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited July 2017
    We have found an issue like this where more than one PC has the DAX software loaded.  We have corrected this issue and will be providing corrected software soon.  Is it possible that you have more than one PC on the LAN with DAX?  Again, this is a very acceptable thing to do in general.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Steve,
    No I only have smartsdr1.1  on my desktop...
    I've seen the comments from others ending up running multiple copies of DAX and I've checked to be sure I only have one; I will say that my normal startup is to boot the 6700, start smartsdr, see the radio is hard of hearing; shutdown smartsdr, reboot the 6700, start smartsdr and then it hears fine... Then I check for a working xmit stream.

If there is something I can do to facilitate debugging it for you I'm glad to help.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not sure if this is relevant: but this morning when I powered up the rig could hear fine and the dax streams I used yesterday worked fine; Just had to press the dax button on the xmit panel.. Now what is slightly different than normal days is last night when I did a rig shutdown I left the pwr on for another 30 min; Usually when the 6700 appears to have turned itself off I turn off the supply right away... (Probalby getting the power has disappeared msg on the 6700 which I've gotten so I dont notice)
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Worked a couple stations on jt65/jt9 and noise floor jumped up to -80 (from -112); rcvr now is hard of hearing, restart smartsdr, still at -80; Reboot 6700 now at -112.. In smartsdr the dax channels have been forgotten, set them back and continue working new stations...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.