Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY and SPLIT?

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just tried working ZD7VC on 20M RTTY working split. Dig program is WinWarbler for DXLabs. Slice one was on DAX1 for RX. Slice 2 was configured for DAX2 TX. DAX control panel was configured accordingly as was the WinWarbler soundcard panel. However I could not get any audio out on the transmit slice (B). I ended up using XIT and logged the contact but it seems there really ought to be an easier way of doing it. Any suggestions? 73 Greg

Answers

• Paul RN3A
    Paul RN3A Member
    edited January 2014
    Greg, I am using the same config with no issues what so ever. All works OK. However, he possible cause could be: - DAX2 TX needs to be activated on DAX panel. - DAX Channel 2 selected on slice B DAX tab - Make sure that you select DAX TX Channel 2 for WinWarbler - Make sure that you selected DAX as an input source. It pops up automatically if you select DigU or DigL, but if you are USB/LSB mode, it may default to Mic. If the above don't help, all your devices related to DAX Ch1 and DAX Ch 2 are active in Windows setup and simple press on Tune button produces TX signal, then restart the radio with Factory Default and start all over again. BTW - for Beta 1.0.24 try to avoid CAT controlled frequency/band/mode change as much as possible - this is another possible cause of the problem. Good luck. 73, Paul RN3A
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Greg, I used your described method often without any difficulties. And Paul - RN3A - method is exactly the way I set it up. However, I disagree with Paul not using CAT; I use it with HRD (I know you do not use/like) exclusively.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    I had everything setup as Paul described. No problem with PTT just no audio. I will try it again... Tnx Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.