Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Attempt to click to 30 meters goes to 40 meters.

Options
Jim Bryce W5HFS
Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
30 Meter Anomaly: Flex 6700 (current beta software). I have all 4 pans up. I attempt to change pan D from 10 meters to 30 meters. It goes to 40 meters. I try again. Same thing. I try to change 15 meters on C to 30 meters. It goes to 40. Repeat same. I can't try all sorts of permutations right now. I've never seen anything like this. I can go to 80 and 160, but 30 seems to be having problems. I have been on 30 several times before. This is the first time I've observed this erratic behavior.

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have reproduced this by selecting the 30 meter band, then panning over to 40 meters and then selecting 80 meters. In this situation selecting the 30 meter will produce a slice on 40 meters. You should be able to fix this by selecting the 30 meter band, then enter the frequency 10.1 with the keyboard, then switch to a different band.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Robert: I thought of actually entering the frequency, but while that would get me to 30 meters it would not solve the underlying problem. I've also noticed that clicking on WWV may bring up the right spectrum portion, but there is no receiver until I click for one. In both instances this is abnormal from other bands and was not a problem in earlier releases. -- Jim
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jim, It seems like this is due to persistence. If I select a band and close out the receive slice, then select a different band, then the next time I select that band it will not have a slice. The same is true if you select a band, then pan to a different band, the persisted band will not be the same as the label on the button. I think that this behavior is still subject to change and you can submit your ideas on how it should behave. The easiest thing to do is go though each band and put a slice where you will most likely need it for that band. I don't have an answer for when you want to go outside of the ham bands and you don't want the persistence to follow, but that is where your ideas will be helpful. I think that memories and / or profiles will go a long way to make this issue an artifact of the past.
  • W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This is why some time ago I suggested a band reset button, I go outside the ham bands a lot and it's a pain to get the rig back to normal. Or maybe they can add a general band button so you can go outside the ham bands and eliminate the above problem generated by persistence.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think this idea is still on the table.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have entered this report as a defect in our bug tracker for further investigation. Thanks for the report Jim.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tim, I'm glad to be of help in finding this critter. Thanks for all the wonderful work you all the whole Flex team are doing. These radios are making history. --Jim W5HFS
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have many instances when I am on one band and directly enter a frequency, or click on a spot, or hit a band change button in one of my digi programs and it will not change to the right frequency. Sometimes, for instance, when running WSJT-x, I have to "walk it down" from 10 meters to 80 meters by stepping through each and every band before I can get there. Strange....
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tim -- I just installed 1.1 and the 30 meter goes to 40 meters problem continues to happen just as in the beta. As in the beta, I do not observe this with any other band. Aside from this ongoing issue 1.1 is terrific. Thanks, Jim, W5HFS
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jim - do a persistence database reset by powering off the radio.  The while pressing the OK button on the front panel, press the power button to start up the radio.  You should see a message indicating that the radio is doing a factory reset.  The test the 30m band change issue and let me know what happened.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tim -- Problem solved. Did I miss somewhere saying to do the full reset on new software?? -- Thanks, --Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Normally you should not have to reset the persistence database, but there are still a few conditions we need to trap better and occasionally the DB has bad data in it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.