Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Audio RX 1 Problem

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi when I choose DAX 1 channel on SLICE A a audio signal go to DAX RX 1 I/Q why? ch 2/3/4.../7 no problem

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Member
    edited June 2014
    I have a similar problem. FLEX 6300, WIN 7, N1MM with MMTTY and 2-Tone. When I bring up soundcard setup in MMTTY, DAX RX Audio 1 and 2 are not there (3-8 are, but I cannot use them with the 6300). TX audio 1 and 2 are there and work fine. However, when I bring up 2-Tone audio soundcard setup, DAX 1 and 2 are there and work fine. How can I get RX Audio 1 and 2 to show with MMTTY?
  • Don  "KC5YR"
    Don "KC5YR" Member
    edited June 2014
    Mike...

Go into Windows sound manager "recording" tab.  Right click and select "show disabled devices" as I suspect that DAX audio RX1 and RX2 may have inadvertently been disabled.   If so, simply right click each device and select "enable".   73 and hope this helps,

Don

K4QKY
  • Guenter, DK1RI
    edited June 2014
    Mike, the enable / disable feature in the soundmanager was a good hint for my easypal problem. Easypal cannot handle all the audio devices smartSDR creates. So only a few of them can be selected by the programm. But the programm checks for the enabled devices only. So after disabling unneeded devices I found a pair for TX and RX. Not a universal solution, but may help sometimes.
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited June 2014
    Don: That wasn't it, but nosing around I found the problem. Looks as if MMTTY can only display 16 sound devices, while 2-tone displays more. DAX RX Audio 1 and 2 are devices 17 and 20. I expect if I delete devices 7 and 8 (which are in the first 16) I'll see my DAX connections. --Mike 
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I had the same problem with MultiPSK.  It will only show 16 devices and was showing everything but the two I needed.  I deleted DAX channels 3-8 (both TX and RX) since I can't use them with the 6300.  Problem solved.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    With a 6300, you can deactivate regular DAX channels 3-8 on ex, Tx, and reserved, because they will not be used. It clears a lot up. Also, remember to go to audio properties for all of your inputs and outputs on both ends of the "cable" and set the properties to 16 bit stereo 48000 bit sampling. It will eliminate math conversion errors between DAX and your digi software.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.