Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to resolve the Win7 DAX operation

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in New Ideas
I took KF2T suggestion after pulling my last 2 hair strand that were left and I have the answer to DAX opening and getting operational. 1. Remove all SMARTSDR, DAX Control Panel and Smart CAT out of your computer. 2. Make sure there is NOTHING or remnants in your computer. Deleting them from the control panel and on C: program FilesFlexRadio System (delete the folder) 3. Shut your radio OFF 4. Shut your computer all the way OFF. 5. Restart the computer and download SmartSDR 5. Install SmartSDR (be aware that during setup when it ask to check components, the only choice that is not gray out is select SmartCAT (make sure that is checked) 6. Turn the radio on (wait until is ready) 7. Run SmartSDR 8. The DAX shows up in the taskbar. 9. in Start-Program-FlexRadio System-(run) SmartCAT 10. Do the DAX installation as it shown on YouTube. BINGO! It should work...
This discussion has been closed.