Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Initial review of the new release...

Options
Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Thanks! DAX really works well, once I got it figured out. I REALLY recommend the tutorial video. There is a lot to adjust to get it right. But then it is as smooth as silk! I really could use a serial port CW keying along with the PTT... on the same port, perhaps? Please.... RIT/XIT - nice! Simple access via the Flex Knob. I wish I had this the past 2 weekends for the 160 CW contest and the 10 Meter Mixed Mode contest. It would have made life much simpler. I can't wait for more flexibility on the Flex Knob control! Display averaging is nicely done and I like the simple control. I am currently settling on settings of FPS = 25 and Average = 25. It just looks nice that way for phone. Compressor adjustment and Display are fixed and effective. Thanks. The Tips & Tools screen on opening is a nice touch. I will turn it off soon, but it has some good hints for the newbie. (btw, I couldn't find the little "lock button" that it told about in the first or second tip. I guess that is coming.) Thanks for the persistence on several functions. That will be helpful. It will be more so when it remembers RX filters along with modes, ANF seems to work better and doesn't seem to color the audio as badly as it did in the previous version. I haven't tested it out on AM or extreme signals yet. (It is supposed to work on AM yet?) I haven't had the need (thank Goodness) to test the NB yet. NR seems to work a little better, but I haven't played with it much. I have noticed the variable rate tuning on the Flex Knob. It surprised me when it jumped quickly and I tuned past stations by accident! I had gotten used to the single rate knob! So far, only a few bugs and frustrations which I will address in other posts, one at a time....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.