Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control Simple Mode in V1.2

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex Control Simple Mode in V1.2 The legend on the road map says this is for "simple mode FlexControl" and that is defined as "select from a predefined set of functions." What does that really mean? Wouldn't one of the most basic wanted and needed functions be "tuning steps"? Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve H. or Tim E., Can you explain what are the planned predefined functions? I think this has to come from the FRS team as others here are not likely to know what FRS had in mind when this was put on the road map. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Have you looked at what is in PowerSDR? It will be something similar to that.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Eric, Thanks for re-opening this question. Here is a copy of my reply I was trying to post. Yes, I downloaded the documentation and there are a lot of features (including the tuning steps). I'm interested in what you have in mind for V1.2. Since it doesn't include the tuning steps, I'm wondering if everything else is included? I suspect that the tuning steps or variable tuning rate are the most desired features but the others are useful of course. I will probably keep using DDUtil to control the knob until the tuning steps are available. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new idea topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Tune Steps
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, Thanks for creating the new topic about the tuning steps. That is one of the key features provided by the DDUtil FlexControl. Maybe at some point, we can get an idea of when it will be available. I would also like to hear about the features FRS had in mind for V1.2. Is the plan to provide all of the other FlexControl featues that are in PowerSDR? The legend on the road map doesn't really make it clear. (that is why I was surprised that the tuning steps were not part of V1.2) Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have noticed on my Flex 1500 (and on DDUtil) ant some functions are available on some buttons and not on others. This doesn't make sense to me. I would suggest that the full list of options be available for each button capable of clicking.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Al, Thanks for your input. We'll take it into consideration. I can tell you that the functionality is likely to use a similar design to PowerSDR. That's about all I can share at this point.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.