Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR crashes running only 10W on 10M

Options
Doug Allen
Doug Allen Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am having problems with using my Flex5000A on 10M and 15M. With only 10 watts tune on 10M or higher power on 15M, PowerSDR crashes, the courser freezes and I get the following message- Runtime error! Program:...les (x86) FlesRadio SystemsPowerSDRv.2.6.4PowerSDR.exe This application has asked the Runtime to terminate itin an unusual way. Please contact the application's support teamfor more information' Then I have to turn off the Flex5000A without turning off PowerSDR first and do a hard reboot of the computer. I have not been able to operate 10m. I am using either a 160M dipole or an 80M FW loop and a Ten Tec tuner. I have operated other bands including 6M successfully. Where do I start to try to solve this problem? Thanks Doug K4LY

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Doug, You really need to run this through the Help Desk, http://helpdesk.flexradio.com . But sounds like you are getting RF into the computer or digital stream. Mainly the FW cable. Do you have RFI in the shack? I keep a field strength meter in the shack, if I ever seen the needle come up off "0" there is a problem somewhere in the antenna system. The Runtime is telling you that the computer lost contact with the radio and PowerSDR stops. I bet it does not happen into a good dummy load. You could have a ground that is resonant for those frequencies too, causing high ground currents or feedline issues of some sort.. Hope some of this helps, if not drop a help desk ticket ..
  • Harry
    Harry Member
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree with Dudley. I had the very same that on 10m at very low power the Cursor froze up and the Flex 3000 became unresponsive. After serious RF proofing my shack is now ok even at higher powers on 10m. Grounding the PC and adding some ferrite to the cables has helped. 73 Harry, 7Z1HL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.