Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency diversity by accident

Options
Mike K5UX
Mike K5UX Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
The other day I found something neat by accident. I was listening to the W1AW CW bulletin on 7.0475 and also listening to 20 meter CW with the other receiver. As it turns out I tuned across 14.0475 and noticed the same CW signal, so I ended up listening to the same station on 2 different bands and frequencies. I split the audio with one receiver in the left ear and the other receiver in the right ear. It was pretty neat copying the same CW bulletin on 2 different bands at the same time. When QSB hit the signal on 20 meters, I noticed the signal on 40 meters picked up the slack. This particular configuration is a good example of frequency diversity, which isn't that common in the HF spectrum, but it serves to illustrate how versatile the receivers are in the 6500/6700. In my particular configuration, I was using a 40-10 meter ground plane and I had the receivers dialed down to those wonderful 50 hertz filters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.