Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

transmit filter persistence.

Options
have just installed V1.0.5 and in the release notes said that transmit filter persistence was fixed well it is not it does not saving the settings even though it looks like it does in the software. This is an existent problem that Tim said flex was aware of and will be corrected in order for the filter to work properly and for me to get the base back in to my audio I have to go back into the audio settings every time the radio is turned off and then back on and then delete the filters even though by looking at them seem correct but are not and type 30 for low and 3800 for a high and now delete them and then put in my settings which are 50 for the low and 4050 for the hi and everything is okay so persistence is not fixed in this beta and their are three of us who have to do to same. I am a little bit concerned when someone says something is corrected and it is not I feel I should not have to wait for this fix would appreciate if someone would listen on the other end and record the transmission With a flex 5000 or so and played it back when the filters are being manipulated you will see you have a problem saving the transmit filters Settings WB2K

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have tried to find where the transmit filter persistence was "FIXED" and was not able. Can you refer me to the page and line where to find it. However, I did find the following on "SmartSDR for Windows v1.0.5 Release Notes" Date November 1, 2013. On page 4 "Known Issues,Caveats and Limitations." 1. Many settings in the radio are persisted across startup of the radio. Band and Mode oriented controls are not persisted at this time but are planned for a future release. US1956 Did I missed something? Or did I misunderstand what I read?
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Ernest you are right I fail to see the words future releases so I apologize for the mistake. But persistence is very important in any radio especially in this type of radio so if you can please tell me when persistence will be implemented in this radio. Do not know what US1956 means. When I took delivery of this radio transmit bandwidth persistence was implemented but does not work as you know do you not think when a beta was released that possibly an issue like this should have been corrected there are a lot of audio files out there and if we were not able to adjust the transmit filter the radio would not be any good to us appreciate your time WB2K
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ed - WB2K -- I just did a search and got you some information that will help. I will quote a few that you may want to follow. In the early released of SmartSDR Beta test, we asked the Company to make persistence a priority and they listened to our request. Tim - W4TME "We will be adding basic persistence to SmartSDR in or before version 1.0 and more advanced persistence capabilities will be included in future releases. Alan - K2WS "You may want to read Alan "Adding radio persistence capabilities" that question is analyzed very well , with suggestion for the mean time. Mike - W8MM "The settings are persistently stored in the hardware (NVRAM)."
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This defect still exists in SmartSDR v1.0.5 and we are aware of it. It is on the list to be addressed.
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Ernest thank you for all your help hopefully in the near future persistence will be here. WB2K
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Tim , We have spoken about persistence in the past and, actually you said the same thing to me. It's begin addressed. I know you do not write the software but i would appreciate if you could tell me on the road map where some sort of persistence will begin. The road map states some new features but nothing about persistence. Thank you Edward Armstrong WB2K
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'll speak for Tim (and the company): Band and Mode persistence is scheduled for SmartSDR v1.1. This is in addition to the basic persistence included in v1.0 (see http://gsfn.us/t/47itt). Note that several issues were found in the transmit filter persistence, the last of which did not make it into SmartSDR Beta v1.0.5.
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Eric thank you for explaining what's going on With persistence I am looking forward to When the radio remembers where it left off and power slider remembers the last setting and others Eric thank you very much once again.WB2K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.