Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Good choices for your SmartSDR-compatible Video Card!

Neal_K3NC
Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All, I was helping a ham choose a 6000-compatible graphics card to put in a legacy system (ie, any system not sold my me!) and I created a newegg.com search URL that will provide you with a good choice throughout the various price ranges. These are AMD-related graphic cards with DirectX11 compatibilty and 2GB of video ram. I chose AMD because, in general, I have much better luck wth AMD drivers than I do with nvidia (YMMV). I chose 2GB memory limit because it seems to be the predominant card configuration these days, you could do with less but the market says this is the preferred card. I chose DirectX11 compatibility because this is the current "standard" card compatibility test and one that is guaranteed compatible with SmartSDR. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/1fJNYnN 73 Neal

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I've got one of those video cards, MSI, works great.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    This is my PC and Videocard - no troubles with Parallels on MAC OS(on Rus only but understandable):
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I vote for AMD cards too. They just work and the drivers are stable.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    There is a cracking deal on at NewEgg at the moment $150 for a 7870 with 2GB after a $30 rebate. If you are in the market for a new PCI Express 3.0 card for your SmartSDR PC then you will no go wrong with this ATI chipset card. Offer ends on the 31st. Just make sure your M/B has PCI Express 3.0 and a spare slot if currently using onboard. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605 They normally retail around $180 - $230 - so this is a great deal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.