Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT port

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I know nothing changed with this CAT version with SSDR 1.0. But something is different and the only thing that changed was SSDR. With the previous version when I started DDUtil my antenna switch (station master) got the band information right away and made the correct antenna selection. Now it doesn't. I have to click on a band button before it will change. Any ideas why this behavior changed? 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    FM?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Greg, I also noticed this with my Bandmaster III antenna switch. When I launch SmartSDR instead of selecting my 20M antenna, it selects my 6M antenna. I use a Keyspan serial port device that can monitor the data being sent to to the COM ports and think I see the problem. When SmartSDR is launches it appears to DROP the first digit of the frequency when communicating with DDUtil. You can see this in the data flowing to the COM ports. You can also see a discrepancy in the number of digits displayed in DDUtil. Once you click the BAND button and select 20M the data flow is corrected. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ ************* CLICK to enlarge ************
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the info. We are investigating this.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Good sleuthing Al!
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This happened when I installed V1.0.0 too. I discussed with Steve Nance, on the DDUtil reflector, and he said it was a known problem with V1.0.0....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.