Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital Mode 'Center Frequency' A.K.A. Pitch?

Options
WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Now I'm running v1.0 (Yahoo) So, how do I change the Digital mode center frequency a.k.a. Offset? I can see the CW 'pitch'. Shouldn't there be a similar 'pitch/offset' setting for digital modes? Not all devices like 1000Hz as the center frequency. Mike
Tagged:

Answers

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I usually shift it in the app such as FLdigi, free DV etc.... as in "Dial Freq" and "Tx freq". I am always interested to hear how others implement digital. I can't see the DAX or waterfall operating in Ver 1 either. Its running well however I was under the impression those were slated to work before the clock started ticking with a full release. I wasn't expecting to use a signalink at this point although that would mean audio down the Ethernet.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I use the "sweet spot" setting in fldigi Misc configuration to center the modes at 1500 Hz of the Flex bandpass. Then I tune with Flex. In DIGL & DIGU modes, the 10Hz tuning steps work well for me. I also set fldigi to display the Flex frequency so I can get close a spotted station pretty quickly.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The problem is this; I can't figure out where to tell someone to meet me. Is it where the frequency bar it or where the bandwidth is? It does not operate the same as the CW mode. Mike
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tell them dial and QSO freq that by convention is 600hz so there is no confusion.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Your digital mode program should properly calculate the ASFK offset if you have CAT enabled so the program and the radio are frequency synchronized. As Dave said, Fldigi shows you this. Others do too. If you want to QSO with someone or send spots, you should tell them your actual transmitted frequency which will not be the radio's frequency readout since there will be an audio frequency offset of some value depending on where you have the decoder/encoder placed on the digital mode waterfall and if you are operating upper sideband (positive offset from the radio's frequency readout) or lower sideband (negative offset).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.