Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Bandwidth Change crashed radio

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
v1.0 After reading the release notes showing a 10kHz per side band on TX filter, I went into the radio setup to change it. I **** fingered 12000 instead of 10000 and hit enter. The radio hard crashed. I have tried restarting it multiple times now and even removed power from the radio. I let it sit for a long period of time and heard a few clicks about 5 minutes later, but the radio still has not recovered. The status on the front is a Green LED and "FLEX 6700" visible on the display. Any tips on what to do next?

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The radio continues to emit internal clicking every 5 minutes or so. I assume this is an watchdog process that is rebooting the radio in an attempt to recover. It still has not come back online yet.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You might want to leave it disconnected from power (remove the powerpoles) for a few minutes, then start again
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this behavior in the bug tracker for further investigation. Thanks for the report.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    We fixed Chris up on this shortly after he raised it as an issue. Here's the deal: we use a database in the radio to store persistence and the 12k for transmit caused it to crash on startup. This put the radio in a loop. We have an easy fix for this to clear the database. But I'd like to talk about this a little. In PowerSDR, the database is a problem in that you have two options -- work with a ****-up database or reset the whole thing. I don't like these options. The right thing is to have the radio automatically recover if there is something bad in the database so you don't loose settings. We also plan to add a lot more stuff to the database and I don't want people losing their settings moving forward. To this end, we already have a task to devise a strategy for a graceful recovery without user intervention and we will have this out in the future. But I understand if you get stuck, you need quick relief. So if you need to fix this issue, simply hold the OK button on the radio while it is starting up and it will fix the issue. We reserve the right to reclaim this "gesture" in the future for another type of factory reset, etc., but for now this is the way it works in v1.0.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Sounds about as good as any method for restarting
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It would be nice for the user to have the ability to save/restore this database.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes I agree. I think it would be nice to be able to move the database to another radio also ...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.