Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Its so quiet one could hear a pin drop!

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is everyone holding their breath for some reason :-)

Answers

• K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, when 1.0 hits, all **** breaks loose and a frenzy of posts start without reading the "fine print" in the release notes... :-( "mea culpa" myself.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I hope that After 1.0 comes out they update the web site. Much of it hasn't been updated in over 5 years such as hamfest pictures, QSO Party, Awards and accomplishments etc. I am sure they are painfully aware of this and are probably updating the web site as I type this message.
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I'm not holding my breath this evening, and will patiently wait. The interim manual pdf is more of a chore, worse than the coding , I would think. I
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    While you are waiting.....new version of the QSG posted to the FRS download page today. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock......
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Dang, 10 meter FM is hopping, and we're not there yet.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I contacted Italy and Madeira Island today at lunch on 17 meters. It seems so easy to break pileups with 100 watts, and I am getting a lot of compliments on my audio.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Gotta give them credit. Even though the software needs some polish, this is the best rig I've owned or used in 36 years as a ham. Beats most commercial gear I have used, too.
  • K4ELO
    K4ELO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The only pin I want to hear is the one that starts with a 1...
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yup, that is next on the agenda. It is in for an Extreme Makeover.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2019
    :>) hi hi hi
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's the "I know something you don't know" grin, isn't it? ;-)
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I'm drooling over the antenna matrixing finally being implemented, and waiting to get the Tx switching ports right :-)
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Listening for pin drops: Well I connected the Bock 251 MIC to the API 3124+ MIC preamp and cranked the MIC gain up to +65dB. Listening on the Beyerdynamic T1 headphones I don't hear any pin drops. The QRN is high at this QTH this afternoon. The sound of gophers munching on grubs in the roots of the Bermuda grass in the front yard is deafening. Still waiting on that pin drop....
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited June 2020
    Heading home. Been in the Matrix for the last three days. 73 and enjoy.
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Kudos!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, Gerald....It looks nice so far... +45 minutes...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.