Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Kicks **** pulling in DX!

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Got the best set of ears any of the radios I have ever own, The Audio reports are making me beat my chest! Good Job on 0.16.4.78. The VOX is working good can't wait to see 1.0 and hope , Jan 14 comes soon. Jim WU5E

Comments

• George Shapow
    George Shapow Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree about the radio but what happens on 1/14?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I think he is referring to January 2014 section of the roadmap. http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=425
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    yep that's it the road map makes me smile. My goal is setup killer contest station with a couple of friends.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    From the roadmap...In January 2014: •Two receiver DAX •I/Q streaming, 96kHz •DSP Enhancements •RIT / XIT •**** Slices (lock) •CW Keying mode A/B •CW reverse paddle •4/8 receiver support Some of this may already be in 1.0, because it is already in .16.4, such as CW Keying mode A/B, Reverse Paddle, and they have some basic DSP already, that will be improved in V. 1.0. If they have moved some of this up already, I wonder what else may make it into the January release? I already am getting incredible reports on my SSB signal, and I LOVE the panadapter. When V 1.0 comes out, CW should be killer. Then when they add CW keying via a SmartCAT Virtual Serial port, my contest keyer program will make it awesome. DAX & I/Q streaming will open up a lot of capabilities for me... January is going to be like Christmas again.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    here, i can't wait to get the waterfall back....april 2014 by the roadmap..73
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    YES. Panfall was my most used function on the display. But I am getting a little concerned, now that I have used the 6500 and having the sluggish display when turning with the Flex Control Knob, wondering whether the super wide pan will be able to keep up with a pan-fall on my computer. I am running a Lenovo desktop with i3 processor and 6 GB of RAM. I hope it will not be a problem. I am also looking forward to display trace averaging, this will make the display really sweet.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    will the I/Q streaming, 96kHz be compatible with third-party programs? If so then a limited (96kHz) waterfall will be available in January 2014.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just a note that CW Keying Mode A/B and CW reverse paddles are already in v1.0 so we are ahead. A number of DSP enhancements are in as well. ;>)
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Have you tried reducing the Display FPS setting to increase averaging on the display?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes. I have run at 8-11 usually for the past month. It is improved from the sluggishness aspect, but isn't as visually pleasing as the averaged pan line on my 1500. It isn't as spastic as a higher FPS number, but the averaged display on the other flexes is really smooth. Yet, my guess is that averaging such a wide spectrum (I typically show the whole SSB band on 40 & 20) may take a lot of horsepower on SSDR and the 6500. I may need to investigate replacing my i3 with an i7 if my Mother Board and wallet will accept it. I am already looking at a new graphics card so I can go to three monitors. Than being said... I would not trade the smoothness of the 1500 averaged display for the width and accuracy of the 6500 pan! I really love my 6500, but I still dream about the future improvements.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    are you referring to CW skimmer?
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    I worked CY0P on 15m yesterday he was s3 for 4 of my friends with ICOM Pro-III couldn't pull him , thanks FLEX for making a kick **** receiver. JIM WU5E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.