Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can I "****" my Flex-1500 to my Flex-6500?

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I know that some will ask "Why?" but for testing purposes, I would like to "****" my 1500 to my 6500 to monitor my transmit signal and run other experiments. Is there a way to do this using DDUtil 3? So far, I haven't figured it out. Thanks,

Answers

• Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, you can using DDUtil v3. Here is how you do it. Setup a pair of virtual ports (example 19-29) - Connect one end to DDUtil Passive Listener port (Com19) -- Select **** Radio check boxes Follow PSDR & Follow Mode -- Select Kenwood from the **** Radio type drop-down - Connect other end of the port pair to PSDR Cat (Com29) PSDR (any Flex) should now follow the F6K frequency and mode whenever either are changed. You can make almost any radio follow DDUtil by using this technique by selecting the proper **** Radio type.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I did this months ago using DDutil v3 and it works great. I am hoping we can feed PowerSDR a DAX I/Q feed from SSDR and **** control it using DDUtil or direct CAT commands and get a Flex 3000 embedded in our Flex 6xxx radios. :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, guys. I will have to try this this evening...
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't know if you use DXLabs, but Commander, the rig control program, has an option to **** two rigs together. It even allows rig 2 'to follow' 'lead primary' 'follow & lead primary' Is that what your looking for?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just tried using the DDUtil **** receiver setup. I don't know what I did wrong the last time I tried it, but it is working as slick as a whistle now. Thanks, guys. The 1500 now follows freq & mode, changing bands and modes as I change my 6500, using the default filter setting, too. This will be handy as I test different frequencies for RF feedback and other things.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Another way to do this is with RigSync. It is designed to sync up to four radios. Also has extensive support for CWSkimmer, SDR-IQ, and WriteLog. Available for download at http://www.ehr.net.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.