Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can a 2N2222 transistor handle PTT switching on the Flex 6500?

Options
Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am seeking a solid-state answer to PTT switching and wonder if anyone can tell me if a 2N2222 can handle the current? Tnx es 73 de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Arnie, If your talking about the PTT signals going into the Flex 6500/6700, the answer is yes.. Al, K0VM
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks Al. Yes, I am talking about the PTT line that puts the radio in transmit mode when the line is taken low. I want to control that line with a 2N2222 if it can handle the current (Am not sure what the current requirment is, hence this inquiry). I am not talking about amplifier switching. 73 de Arnie W8DU
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes, that should work fine. AL, K0VM
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Great transistor, some of them can take an amp of current.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Arnie, Yes, with room to spare. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    From the 2N2222 Datasheet: DESCRIPTION The 2N2219A and 2N2222A are silicon Planar Epitaxial NPN transistors in Jedec TO-39 (for 2N2219A) and in Jedec TO-18 (for 2N2222A) metal case. They are designed for high speed switching application at collector current up to 500mA, and feature useful current gain over a wide range of collector current, low leakage currents and low saturation voltage. I assume this is for the TO-18 metal case, but the plastic case version will also cover any switching the 6000 series has except for amplifier switching.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.