Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartCat demands I use com 21 for software

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited October 2016 in SmartSDR CAT
This new SmartCat seems to create AND DEMAND that I use coms 21<>31 to communicate with my logging or contest software. I can't change it. When NotSoSmart opens, the Main shows the rig Flex-6500, Serial Number and IP and on the right side it says "Connect 3rd Party Program to Port: Here is ALWAYS displays com port 21 (which I didnt create) If I change it to the correct Com5 which is what my logging software uses, it won't work, because most logging and contest software don't like virtual comports and won't accept any port higher than 8. PITA but it's some restriction of windows.

Comments

• BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bill, No, it is not a restriction of Windows, you are probably running multiple virtual port programs, you only need the FlexRadio ports that are installed with SmartSDR CAT. Uninstall VSPManager (and/or whatever VSP programs (other than FlexRadio) are installed) It may be necessary at this point to reboot the computer, depends on how the uninstalled ports operate. I would reboot anyway. start SmartSDR CAT click the Serial Ports tab "Delete All Virtual Ports" button. quit CAT restart CAT You should now have one dedicated port pair assigned just above the highest hardware serial port you have on your machine. Usually this is COM5 but it is highly machine dependent. Add as many ports as you need. CAT will add them in sequence. Remember: "Dedicated" ports always have one end connected to CAT "Shared" ports are just virtual pairs. Use them with programs like DDUtil "PTT" ports are self-explanatory. BobT
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well I guess I just am not smart enough for Flex Now my system is totally trashed. No old Flex working and no New Flex. Sometimes, you should just NOT mess with what works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.