Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dual SSDR instances don't work

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have my 6500 connected to my router. I start SSDR on computer A, everything is good. If I try to start SSDR on computer B it looses it's connection. Any reason for that?

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    At the same time? If so then that is because there is no way at this time for the radio to differentiate between the clients. So there is no state management in place for it to manage multiple sessions running at the same time. I am sure it will be a future feature currently floating around as an idea in the development teams toys to come arsenal.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Bob, Richard is essentially correct. We started out with the radio responding to multiple clients, but quickly found that the complexities that this brought up were more than we wanted to solve at the same time we were getting the radio to do all the basic things it needed to do. For example, should the clients mirror each other or should each client get their own set of panadapters and slices? If they are mirrored, then you have to whole "wait, slice A is mine -- stop moving it" problem. If they are not mirrored, do you show the other guy's panadapters and slices? Do you hide them and only show yours? What if he's using all the panadapters or slices? ... etc. We'll get to this but it was more than we wanted to bite off this soon. Steve
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks to G7EIX & N5AC for clearing this problem. Flex is doing a fine job.
  • Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member
    edited August 2013
    I think mirroring would be good for now. With operation restricted to use on the LAN, there's less likelyhood of conflicts. If there are multiple hams in the household they can holler down the hall. :-). As a single ham, I miss not being able to connect from another room without first disconnecting from the computer in the shack. In the fiture with WAN operation and multiple operators you still need to coordinate sharing a single 100 Watt transmitter. So, I think mirroring is still OK. With shared remote operation I've done, operators coordinate taking control using chat or Skype. The only thing that occurs to me now (I imagine there are others) that needs to handled separately are audio streams. And I recall someone saying that remote audio was probably going to be handled by a separate app (similar to how CAT is now). Each operator could choose which Slice they want to listen to. One operator combing 20M another 15M, etc.. ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.