Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT v1.1 Download

W4EY
W4EY Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
Queston: Is there a Separate FLEX Downloadable file for SmartSDR CAT Version 1.1? The SmartSDR CAT installed with SmartSDR for Windows v0.12.17 does not have the user setting capabilities listed in SmartSDR CAT Version 1.1 User Manual. The SmartSDR CAT installed with the FLEX SmartSDR v0.12.17 software does not have the Port Type selection capability.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Uninstall the old SmartCAT and install SmartSDR 13.10 Then go to the directory you downloaded SSDR 13.10 and you will find the SmartCat install file. You have to install it separately. Mine has the port type selection. Ken - NM9P
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Ken: I am having issues with updating my 6000 with the new SmartSDR version. When updating, the update hangs up. I reach the end of the update status bar showing the software was installed. However the update button never changes from UPDATE TO CONNECTION.. The update hangs up and never completes. I am running a Intel Pentium 64 Bit computer across a 1GB Router. (Verizon VIOS). I thought it may be my firewall. I have changes the firewall to allow full access across my network to the 6000. Plus I have turned off my ESET firewall to see if this was causing the issue. The update still hangs up. The 6000 works with the earlier version of SmartSDR. Just will not UPDATE. Tim forwarded my initial Problem Topic addressing this problem to the Help Desk. Still waiting on their answer. Thanks Bill W4EY
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    I have resolved my two issues. I have successfully installed the latest version of SmartSDR and updated my FLEX. I used a Wireless LapTop, downloaded the updated version of SmartSDR, and installed on the Laptop Plus the FLEX. After installing, i connected to the FLEX and completed the update. My attempts to install on the primary computer continued to fail. Resolved everything by copying the files across my network from the Latop to the primary computer. SmartSDR and SMARTSDR CAT are is working between the primary desktop and FLEX. Also, I can run SmartSDR between the wireless Laptop and the FLEX. My HRD is working via SmartSDR CAT to the FLEX. Next issue is to configure VAC cables to DM-780. PTT between the FLEX and DM-780 works correct. Tim and Ken Thanks for your assistance. Bill W4EY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.