Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No antenna, S5 signal on 10mhz. Is this the GPSDO?

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am unsure if this was reported already. I power cycled the radio and even attempted doing it when the radio was freshly powered up after removing the power so that the GPS was flashing amber. It still had the carrier.

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    This is an internal 10MHZ. signal generated within the F6.7K. When connecting the antenna, the internal signal drowns out WWV, so I cannot use WWV at 10MHZ for calibration. I checked this with my GPS off, no antenna connected to the GPS. (Will get the GPS antenna up when I get a longer cable.) I am not sure what the calibration procedure is with no GPS when you can't copy WWV. Version 0.13.10
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Probably WWV I disconnected the antenna totally and also connected a dummy load. At times I could see the WWV carrier at S4-5 but the modulation was in the noise and unreadable though I could see the modulation spikes if I looked carefully. Other times I could just barely copy WWV with only a short unterminated coax. It's nice having a really great receiver.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Very interesting. On my 6500 with a GPSDO I have no problem copying WWV at 10 Mhz with antenna. Without antenna I can still just barely hear it about half the time. Located in SC.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Anyone from Flex able to comment on this?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have not seen a problem with receiving WWV at 10 MHz in Austin.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This is not an issue with receiving WWV with an antenna attached.. My question is about why I am receiving an S5 carrier on 10mhz without any antenna attached. I don't see how that is WWV, as none of my other radios behave this way (Flex 3000, Flex 1500, Elecraft KX3).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.