Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 7 Blue Screen crash on 0.13.10 on SmartSDR startup.

ai6re
ai6re Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
SmartSDR Preview 0.13.10 causes Windows 7 to Blue Screen crash on start or restart of SmartSDR with the Flex 6500 up and running. This is the only program I have ever seen actually crash the Windows 7 system in several years. This is intermitent and usually it starts up normally. I hesitate to shut down the application as bringing it up later has a good chance of a crash. After the system save a memory dump and restarts then I shut down the 6500 radio and restart it before trying again. Once it is all running it continues all day. Don. AI6RE

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I doubt that SmartSDR is the actual root cause of the problem, but I don't doubt it is a trigger for it some how. We will need the STOP (BSoD) code that is generated to start debugging what is going on. And we'll need the crash dump file for the definitive analysis. I am converting your problem into a HelpDesk support ticket to continue your support request.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This topic has been solved in Zendesk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.