Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No yellow LED when 6700 off

Options
Jim-KA4OJN
Jim-KA4OJN Member
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex 6700, win 7, 12.17 software. I have had the radio for about a month. The radio has been connected to the power supply and the power supply has been turned on for the whole time. This morning the yellow LED was not lit. I recyled the radio and the yellow LED was still not lit. I then powered off the power supply for a minute and then turned the power supply and the radio on. Everything worked normally on the radio. I then turned the radio off and the yellow LED did not light. What do I try now?

Comments

• Jim-KA4OJN
    Jim-KA4OJN Member
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yellow should be changed to Amber.
  • Jim-KA4OJN
    Jim-KA4OJN Member
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Installing 0.13.10 made no difference. Since one of the engineers said the other day that the heater on the TCXO does not stay on does the light being off mean anything?
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When the radio is off, if the radio believes a GPSDO has been installed it will continue to supply the GPSDO with power (if this has been enabled). This allows the GPSDO to continue to track satellites and maintain accurate frequency. The amber LED is the indication that the GPSDO socket is powered. If you radio does not have a GPSDO, the LED will turn off (black) when the radio is turned off even if the radio is receiving 12v. If the LED remains lit amber after a power off and the radio does not have a GPSDO, it has most likely been told that it does have a GPSDO. This will not cause any problems, but it will light the LED amber. To fix this, perform the "uninstall GPSDO" procedure in software.
  • Jim-KA4OJN
    Jim-KA4OJN Member
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Steve Thanks for the info!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.