Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software Logging Programs

2»

Answers

• Mark JS
    Mark JS Member
    Hi Richard. I use Lag4om 2 easy to use and free.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

A little advice if you decide to use Log4om2. Follow the set up directions explicitly as the UDP settings are many and involved. But once that is set up it works really good. One thing that I like is that while operating FT8 the mapping software in Log4OM, will pull up info from QRZ showing what ever picture is in the QRZ banner as well as a map of the operators location. Also easy upload to all the major logging sites.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

This thread is from 2013.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Well no harm in providing updates, most logging programs have changed in one way or another. The one I use (Log4OM) has evolved in a lot of ways.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    [{"insert":"I use ACLog 6.xx. Super easy for phone or ft8.\n73,\nEd KA9EES \n"}]
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I've been using HRD since it became a paid version, and I am very happy with it. I mainly use it for logging and do like the auto loading to various sites like LOTW, ClubLog, eQSL and so on, is easy as pie. I must say the the awards tracking and DX Cluster spots were 2 big features for me. Why? Well there are check boxes in the Spot window for Country, Band, Mode, Station, LOTW member so it make it real easy to identify if the country was worked on that band, or mode or if that particular station was worked and if they are with LOTW, thus allow direct targeting of country/bands/mode I needed. This combined with the Awards Tracking greatly simplified getting DXCC quickly and then on multiple bands.

See below, I just grabbed this screen shot from the cluster 30 seconds ago. The top line shows green check box for Country, Band, Mode and a "+" to show I have this station in my log already, the "L" is blank so TI8II isn't setup with LOTW. A couple lines down is IZ5WTV and with the green checks indicated I've worked this country, band and mode, but not this station, there is a green check for LOTW, so if I wanted to work him, him would QSL via LOTW.

As per the Award Tracking, there are some standard programs such as ARRL DXCC, CQ DX, ITU Zones etc. But I customized my own ARRL DXCC to add some extra tracking. When in DX hunt mode, I often look at that display to remind me what countries, bands, modes I need for various entities.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.