Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Virtual" VFO for the Tablet PC operators (Futuristic Visionaries) ?

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in New Ideas
Like many of us who have visions of the future concerning the User Interface I am hoping for some good focus on the touch screen tablet aspect. While using the smartSDR preview in this way in "mouseless finger mode" so to speak some functions such as precise frequency tune & button size etc could considered. A pop "virtual" Flex control would also get rid of the "it wont sell without knobs skeptics". MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS WOULD BE A COUP FOR FLEX ELIMINATING THE KNOB ARGUMENTS FOR ALL TIME. Dan Toma's pocket multimode Transceiver for android boasts a virtual vfo tune that has sensational ergonomics & look. image
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    imageYup... I am replying to myself here guys but I really would like a VIRTUAL VFO KNOB for SmartSDR. Anyone spotted one ?   "Bobs Knob" from woodbox (not too happy about that description) looks about right for the job but no rig selection for it.)  This is the missing link for us tablet operators in place of carrying those stone age devices called mice.... vermin if you ask me LOL....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.