Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SteppIR help with Flex 6400M

Options
Andy W3LI
Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Has anyone sucessfully married the Flex 6400M to the SteppIR SDA 100 Controller? Yes I have the plug in board in the back of the controller. Also, have purchased the USB-64 cable from rtsystems  with the FTDI chip installed. Lastly I purchased the S12 cable from SteppIR. 
Neither the Flex manual or the SteppIR manual (old) or new Mustang manual give any info as to what one should do with all of this cabling.
I know that the Controller has to be set up for Autotrack.
If any of you folks have gone thru this setup I would appreciate some guidance.

Andy...W3LI

Answers

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There is a very nice write-up in the USB Cables document which you can find in the downloads section of SmartSDR for Windows - How to Guides.  I followed those directions and had no problem getting my original SteppIR controller to track my 6700.  Works like a champ.

Keith - AC9S
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    i have Steppir work with 6600 just fine.
    Setup your protocol in SDA100 as Kenwood in Mode Setup, Baud 9600.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Tnx Sergey. Need to find out where all of these cables go first.
    Andy
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Also connect the cable to the top serial port (Data in I think).
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The document that Keith refers to above has all the details and is available here:
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/?wpdmdl=3089&refresh=5cf991f50...

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Tnx Craig, I did find the item that Keith sent. I have copied same and will save in the SteppIR manual.
    Tnx for ur help.
    Andy...W3LI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.