Spots studder when using DXLab with 6400 or 6600M

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
All spots are working with these radios and DXLab. However, about once a minute the callouts disappears off the panadapter for a split second, and the receive audio and waterfall stop working. All settings seem to be correct. Anyone else see this happening and if so is there a fix?
Photo of Chas

Chas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 536 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
under task manager how much processor is being used by all the programs involved? 
Mine does this if I don't start SmartSDR in Higher then normal Priority because my little NUC computer Processor is topped out when running everything I want to run.

for a test from the CMD prompt try (including all the quotes)

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /High  "C:\Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v2.3.9\SmartSDR.exe"

just a guess 
Bret
WX7Y

(Edited)
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Yes I've seen it too, even suffered audio dropouts when running DXLabs suite and FT8. It probably does have something to do with PC horsepower available. Oh well we just got Spots, we might need optimized spots, and optimized DXLabs Suite soon. While I wait for that I've discontinued using Spots features with Digi modes running. 

My system specs ...
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ (4.60GHz)
Memory: 16GiB installed, 15.4 GiB Total useable (10.8 GiB Free)

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
           Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 45 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I have the same issue with spots while using SliceMaster6000 and DXLabs. Runnng Win10 Pro, i7 4GHZ CPU and 16 GB RAM. Lots of audio pops and drops. Also same issue with N1MM placing spots on the panadapter.
Photo of Mike - N1MD

Mike - N1MD

• 87 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I also have experienced the issue with spots in the panadapter while using DXLabs -- stuttering refreshes of the spots accompanied by pops in the audio and drops in CW generation using Winwarbler and an external Winkey when the spots refresh and stutter.

I have this problem with SSDR as well as Maestro. I have not tried spots with phone operation since I rarely use SSB. I do not use the spots feature when operating FT8 and really have no desire to do so.

The situation is such that I have abandoned the spots in DXLabs since the pops, stutters and CW drops are not worth the spots, in my opinion.

I have used N1MM+ in RTTY and CW contests with spots populating the panadapter in SSDR or Maestro and have NOT experienced, any of these problems noted above.

Mike, N1MD
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 144 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Same here.

The good news is that my helpdesk tickets regarding these issues were being closed with the response "already fixed in next release".

Andy
KU7T
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
That is good news!

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
           Volunteer!!