Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split operation - TX focus still not right? My radio or ...

Options
Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is this a problem in my radio ??  When selecting a new slice in say CW on same band it does not shift TX focus to the new slice?

I am sure I have seen other 6000's doing this bu not been able to make this work

PITA when you end up TXing on the DX working freq!

ideas?? What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It works the same way for me.
    I actually like it, because if I open a new slice in a different band I don't want the TX to follow and then change antennas, amp, etc...

I see how in Split you might want the auto TX, but it takes a second to click on the TX button.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That is the way it works. The TX is 'sticky' and does not follow the selected slice automatically. This has been discussed in previous threads with suggestion to add an option for sticky or follow active slice.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I remember Steve saying something about that a while back. It was a decision to make any change in tx slice require an affirmative action in orde to prevent accidental transmissions on unwanted frequencies. In order to transmit on a different slice, one must intentionally select that slice as transmit. This may be different now with auto-select on other slices with digital modes via Dax. And may require a revisit of the policy, but at present it is functioning the way is was designed.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You can get that function using FR Stacks.  Under the Radios menu, select "Active radio slice enable TX"
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is the intended behavior.  Early on in the design of the radio we decided that making a slice the transmit slice is positive user control action, meaning the radio will not make that decision for you.  The button you click to get a new slice is not a split button, but one to create a new "clone" slice at a reasonable frequency offset to facilitate operating split.  This feature is working as designed.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yes you are correct Salvador .. just this dumb human keeps forgetting :)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    thanks Rick I'll have a look!

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    thanks Tim - I am guessing the videos I have seen people are using FRstacks behind the scene thanks for the reply - 1.6 is nice BTW :)
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I use DXLabs Commander and SpotCollector, and if I click on a spot that shows as a split ( up 1/ up 3, ect) my 6500 adds the split and xmit is on the freq. as reported.

Lew
    N4CO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.