Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

some qustion on the 6600m

elan
elan Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
hi 
i have some question is there possibility  to add Maestro to the 6600M ?
 i cant see the transceiver  will have compatible leg or angel on the front ?
why flex not doing it flexible what i mean you can remove the front with cable or non cable to your 
operation table and can plug it back if you like one unit ?
but for sure i cant see any leg on the front that cant tilt the radio in any position 
73 elan g0uut

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited November 2017
    Since the 6600M hooks to your network, it should work with a Maestro connected to the network. But, if you don't want a radio with an intergrated panel, get a 6600 non M model and use it with a Maestro like you would with a 6300, 6400, 6500 or 6700. The M model radios are supposed to have feet or a bail.of some sort on the front underside of the radio to allow tilting the front of the radio upwards for a better viewing angle.
    James
    WD5GWY
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    hi James 
    and thank you very much for the info  yes for sure i know there is 2 model 
    why ? you can just add may be the clip on clip off and insert the front panel with plastic cover 
    what i was thinking is if you like to add the Maestro you buy 6600m and for sure you can clip on or off  
    the unit but okay i see the point okay vy 73 
    elan g0uut/4z4un/dl9fcc 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The front of the 6600M is not a Maestro, but it shares the same controls. In order for the front panel to be removed it would need to communicate with the radio some how. this would be a completely different product then what is being offered.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
    All FLEX-6000M models will work in "native" mode where you use the front panel controls.  Or you can use a GUI clients (SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for iOS or Maestro) to control the radio.

All FLEX-6000M models have front feet flip extenders to provide an upwards tilt for better viewing of the front panel.

All FLEX-6000M models are fixed configuration.  If you need a portable control surface,m you can use the Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.